I have been working with CEOs and founders for over 25 years and have found that as smart and successful as those types of individuals are, everyone needs help at some point. I started my company, Entrepreneurial Executives, on the premise that at some point in every business owner’s life, he or she no longer has the skill set or desire to run his or her company. We come in at that point and provide on-site senior level management to facilitate the growth necessary to get their company to the next level. This course is a natural extension of what I do with business owners on a daily basis. It is based on what I have experienced, observed and learned over time from working side by side with CEOs, senior management and their employees.
There is no right way to grow your business but there are different paths and forks in the road that change the course of a company’s growth trajectory. The right co-pilot and road map will help a CEO get from point A to point B successfully and execute on their growth initiative.
When I was young I loved looking at an atlas and learning where places were located and the distances between them. It allowed me to have a bird’s eye view of the landscape while focusing in on the details: distances between cities, the alternate paths you can take, the landmarks along the way and the scenic stops. An atlas is the perfect tool to present the overall big picture. It also allows the user to determine the best route to take to get to their chosen destination depending on what someone wanted to see and experience along the way.
I hope the CEO Atlas helps you on your journey, gives you the direction to get to your desired destination, and allows you to enjoy the ride by equipping you with the tools you may need. On any trip you need the right passengers and provisions. You must be equipped to make the critical decisions at the forks in the road. Rarely do we travel alone but choose your passengers wisely and be careful who you pick up along the way. Plan when and where to make a pit stop, refuel or take in a sight.
Before anyone embarks on a trip, it is important to understand the Rules of the Road. Throughout this course, I will present the Rules of Road for a business owner on their journey.
- This is your business and is an extension of who you are. Do not forget where you started and where you want to end up. Make smart business decisions while remembering your vision, mission, and passion.
- Without adequate capital, it is impossible to be the best you can be and will slow down the process.
- Your team is the heart and soul of your business. Without them it is a lonely journey.
- Create a legacy. Foster your brand. Find a way to remain relevant.
- Always remain passionate. Passion when you start, passion when you grow, passion in others, and passion for the next thing.